Tuesday 27 August 2013

Swapping 24 Bears at Warwick Service Station

Evening All!  Bit late this week, still feels like Monday..

So for those of you following (thanks Val), I had my new stock, but it was 250 miles away and it was a bit much to expect mum to keep posting my stuff when I sold something.  She already had 2 jobs as it was (see where I get it from?)

So she offered to load the stuff up into her car and meet me halfway.  So I set off on a Saturday afternoon to meet her at Warwick Services.  So far so good.  Then I found out a bus had caught fire on the M6 and had shut it so I had to go cross country.  It took me nearly 4 hours, getting stuck behind a variety of slow moving vehicles and going round several roundabouts in Burton-On-Trent more times than was strictly necessary.  I was already exhausted when I turned up at the services, but seeing mum made it better.  So we stopped for tea and a chat, and then we started unloading the toys from her car, into mine.  

It is surprising how much stuff you can get into a 3-series - the toys just kept coming and coming and I was lucky to get it all into my people carrier.  We got some VERY funny looks from some men obviously on their way to a stag do or similar.  Two portly women who look bizarrely similar putting 24 bears from one car into another at a motorway service station must be a sight you don't see there very often.  I felt like I was going to be arrested at any moment and the bears were going to be slit open for the police to look for drugs.

So I hugged mum and set off home - I was pleased to have all the stuff but I was knackered.  I got home about 9pm, and then I had to unload it all into my hallway - I wasn't going to leave it in the car.

Next day I got some shelving and the stock room started to take shape.  It almost made me feel like I was running a business rather than having some bizarre hobby.
Yes, I did buy more shelving - one obviously wasn't enough to hold all the bears.  The room was a bit spooky in the dark, they all seemed to be looking at me...

Anyway - I was on my way - all I needed now was customers.  And packaging.  And a Costco trade card - obviously.

Next week - bubble wrap and free muffins - the joy of being "trade"
www.rachelstoyshop.co.uk

No comments:

Post a Comment